Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Make way 2009: Twenty Ten is on your tail!

   Twenty Oh Nine was a big year for me, however cliche that sounds. In February my boyfriend of two and a half years and I broke up. In March I turned the big One-Eight. May rolled around and I started dating Hunter and graduated high school with Honors. The summer was full of firsts, like finally getting my driving license! Once Fall was here, I was enrolled at university and diving headfirst into college. Four classes and much procrastination later, I came up with straight A's. (Applaud here!) I worked my tail off at the flower shop doing deliveries and trying to make enough money to fund my less than swanky lifestyle. And now, it's already halfway through Winter Break, can you believe it? My new laptop and Grand Am are just two of the highlights of this vacation. But tomorrow night? Tomorrow night is New Year's Eve already. When I look back I realize that this year flew by me. Proof of this? Just look at my status updates from Facebook:

   My point is, this year was so exciting. So many things occurred and I was put into tons of new, weird situations. It definitely feels like Oh Nine was a learning experience, to say the least. Through it all, I've managed to come out on top and become a better person.
   What will Twenty Ten hold for me? I do not know, but whatever is in store will be worth it. I'm already planning ahead for the new year: five college courses, Spring Break, Hunter's Graduation, Maymester courses, work work work, the summer trip to Boulder, Sophomore year in August. I'll probably be busier than ever, but 2009 has prepared me for whatever comes my way. Here's to a fabulous new year! XOXO.

No comments: