Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Birthday To Youuuuu!



Happy Birthday, Cory!
   My Baby Brother turned 16 today. I wish I could sit here and tell you a sob story about how we were the perfect siblings and always played well together, but that wasn't always the case. Cory and I, we used to fight like cats and dogs. I'm talking hair pulling, punching, kicking, the whole nine yards. It was always slightly comical though, because for years I was bigger than he was and could beat him up. Then all of a sudden one day, he had a growth spurt. Now, my little "baby" brother isn't such a baby anymore. The picture is almost a year old now, and since then he's probably grown another three or four inches. It was then that I realized he could beat ME up now!
  Even though we did bicker a lot when we were younger, we quickly went right back to being best friends. Some of my best memories involve Cory.
SUCH AS: playing in cardboard boxes (minus the head injuries); straightening his bangs for him; beating up a much larger boy (more about that story later possibly) because he was threatening Cory; staying up late at night Christmas Eve telling him "No Cory, Santa is totally real" so he would still believe; trying to calm him down when he was drugged up on anesthesia and screaming profanities at the top of his lungs; riding the bus with him and trying to run to catch up to him when he'd yell at me for almost making him late; telling him stories about fairies that live in the air conditioner; snow boarding on the hill in our backyard and exploring in NY; falling into a stream while exploring in NY; stealing Ice Bat back and forth; "dancing" with him when we'd kick each other; playing on the dirt piles when the new houses in our neighborhood were being built; Puffy Stew; Cory asking me for fashion advice "Does this match?"; having his nose almost cut off, breaking his arm Pogo-sticking off a skateboard ramp, head injuries in a box, and always being there to make him better and pretend to be the Mommy. 
  I love my brother, and I'm so proud of him. He's a genius when it comes to building things and fixing things. He knows everything about military planes and loves to watch Spongebob and SouthPark with me. He's goofy and knows how to make me laugh when I need it, and he always tells me like it is. I hope he had a great birthday today. [: XOXO!



No comments: