Thursday, December 3, 2009

Team Edward or Team Jacob?

  Sorry, I had to ask. I finally went to go see New Moon last night, and, against my better judgment, it reinstalled my love for all things Twilight.
  If you've been living under a rock for the last couple of years or don't know any preteen girls, New Moon is the second installment of Stephanie Meyer's fantasy series about this girl Bella who falls in love with a vampire (Edward). Edward's "family" is a group of "good" vampires who don't feed on human blood. Bella is also friends with a group of werewolves, most notably her childhood friend, Jacob. The books start with Twilight, who's movie came out last year. Then you have New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. And there you have it, now you're all updated!

  The biggest debate throughout the novels is whether Bella should be with Edward or Jacob. It's also what the biggest debate is in New Moon. If you're usually a "Team Edward", be warned. You WILL start to have feelings for the "Team Jacob" side if you go to see New Moon. I was actually surprised with myself. I've been hearing that many many people like Edward better in the books, but Jacob better in the movie. Now I know why. Little boy Jake has grown-up since the last movie. And by grow-up, I mean has a six-pack and biceps that made me swoon. Honestly, I felt bad for Bella. How do you choose between that and Edward?!
  So really, Team Edward or Team Jacob? Or are you like me now, and can't choose?! Or do you seriously dislike them all and are tired of the phenomenon?







No comments: