Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hats Off to Harmony

This is another new idea that I hope becomes a regular. After writing and books, I adore music immensely. It can change the mood of any bad day, make me go from upset to smiling in a matter of minutes. I've been slacking on discovering new music lately, so this is partially as much for me as it is for ya'll. Enjoy this new post!

Hats off to The Civil Wars' "Barton Hollow"


     This CD has been on repeat in my car for... well... longer than I'd like to admit. I do that to CD's I really love and this one is no exception. I think my mother put it best when she said that they reminded her of something my great-grandmother, Memire, would listen to. It makes me think of winding back roads, flowery vines growing up the side of a cottage, flowing skirts and crafting with my hands. I want to sit under a tree and drink Earl Grey and read poetry to this music, and then get up and twirl, spinning around in a calico dress with daisies in my braided hair.
     They make me daydream stories into existence, reminisce and generally feel creative. Maybe they'll do the same for you. My favorites at the moment are Birds of a Feather and To Whom it May Concern -I tell Taylor that the former is him and me. Seriously, go get their CD right now. If you regret it, you can blame me. And then send me your copy, because I'll probably wear mine out pretty quickly. XO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skye..I'm a friend of your mom's off the Connecting by the fire..thanks for introducing me to this music...lovely. just wanted to say...you have a wonderful way with words..very evocative.

OhmySkye said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it.