Monday, January 30, 2012

Sometimes I'm Scholarly

     Our date last week was joyful- we stopped at Starbucks for a cafe mocha and a frappuccino for the boy and then drove to a park to stargaze. With our new-found astronomy knowledge thanks to our lab, we located Orion, the Pleiades, and others that I forget because, well honestly, it was really cold and we had Miss Pip with us. I would have loved to have actually taken pictures, but again, it was really cold. And dark. And did I mention it was cold? We snuggled for a bit and then headed home to chose this weeks date: Visit the Cummer Museum and Gardens! Except now we may have to reschedule because this week has gotten quite busy. I'd like to be able to make a picture-heavy, thoughtful post for every date, but sometimes life just gets in the way. (But isn't this what it's all about? Making sure we have such a wonderful time in real life, together?)

     Anyway, I wanted to post a link to another blog I'm contributing to for my Placing American Lit class. Our focus is on ecocritism and the environment in, as the book title so perfectly says "environmental writing since Thoreau." My first post is about our Week Three date! Click here! Go forth and read! The other authors are all students and their work is nicely done. Hope you find this interesting and informational. Here's a picture of Pippa to make you smile in case you think ecocritism sounds boring:

One ear sticks straight up, but the other hasn't popped up yet!
Now to finally make dinner... XO.

No comments: